Consular Services will be closed on the following dates:
February 16, 2015
February 20, 2015
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
500 W. Madison Street,
Chicago, IL 60661
Phone: (312) 380-8861
Fax: (312) 380-8840
Consular Services are by Appointment only.
Please note that NO appointments will be made by phone.
Make an appointment by clicking one of the following links and following the simple instructions:
Only English and Hebrew appointments will be accepted
קביעת תורים אפשרית בשפה העברית ואנגלית בלבד
Mon – Fri: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Notary services: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday only, 9:30-11:30
Mon – Thu: 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Fri: 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
*The Consulate will be closed on national and Jewish holidays.
Method of Payment:
- Money order to the order of "Consulate General of Israel"
- Credit/debit card (except American Express). When paying with credit/debit card, please enclose the following form with your application:
Please add $10 for postage fees.
We do not accept cash or personal checks
**The sender is responsible for any material mailed to and from the Consulate. The Consulate cannot accept responsibility for problems with the mail service.
It is important to stress that there are cases in which you are required to visit the mission in person.
1. Please bring a photo ID.
2. Every visitor and his belongings will be required to undergo a security check.
3. For security purposes, no personal objects will be allowed into the mission
Including handbags, mobile phones and electronic devices.
4. Do not bring large handbags or suitcases to the mission.
5. Do not bring food and/or beverage bottles or containers.
6. The mission’s security directives apply to people in the consular waiting room.
7. The instructions of the security staff must be followed at all times.
List of Attorneys: The Consulate is not permitted or authorized to recommend any attorney. Click here to the website of the local Bar Association.
Jewish agency Aliya Emissary:
Regional Representative to the Midwest
The Jewish Agency for Israel
In case of Emergency only, you may contact us at: 312-380-9718